Links to Existing Biographies:
- Lawrence Barkwell http://www.scribd.com/doc/34218641/Legislative-Assembly-of-Assiniboia
- A.-G. Morice, ‘Beauchemin, Baptiste,’ Dictionnaire historique des Canadiens et des Métis français de l’Ouest (Québec: J.P. Garneau, 1908), 13,
Preliminary Biographical Notes:
Date of Birth: 3 November 1838
Place of Birth: St.-Boniface, Red River Settlement
Father: Benjamin Beauchemin (c.1804/1813-1870)
Mother: Marie Parenteau (c.1815-?)
Marriage: c. 1860 in St Charles Parish, Red River Settlement to Marguerite McMillan (1840-1926).
- Honourable Member for St. Charles (alongside his uncle, André Beauchemin, and Pierre Parenteau, who was perhaps also an uncle).
Other Positions in Provisional Government:
- Member of the December Convention, 1869.
- Convention of Forty Member for St. Charles (he ‘took his seat afterwards as the election was contested’).
Date of Death: 2 December 1900, St. Charles, Manitoba
 La Société historique de Saint-Boniface, “Jean-Baptiste Beauchemin,” Family Group Sheet (11 August 2010).
 Alexander Begg, The Creation of Manitobaa; Or, a History of the Red River Troubles (Toronto: A.H. Hovey, 1871), 247. See also “Provisional Government: First Council Meeting,” New Nation (11 March 1870), 2; “Legislative Assembly of Assiniboia (1st Session …),” New Nation (8 April 1870), 1.
1. BEAUCHEMIN, Benjamin. Born 1804/1813 to André MILLET dit BEAUCHEMIN and Charlotte PELLETIER; died 25 February 1870 at Fort Garry; buried 27 February 1870 at St. Norbert, Red River Settlement.
– sp. PARENTEAU, Marie. Born c. 1815 in the North-West to Joseph Victor PARENTEAU and Suzanne, known as a Cree woman; possibly sister to Hon. Pierre PARENTEAU of the Legislative Assembly of Assiniboia.
2. BEAUCHEMIN, Isabelle. Born June 1828; married c. 1852; died 26 August 1878; buried 27 August 1878.
– sp. VANDAL, Antoine. Born c. 1825.
3. VANDAL, Alexandre.
Vandal, Antoine; heir to his deceased son, Alexandre Vandal; address: Fish Creek; born: 1871 at Touchwood Hills; died: December, 1889 at Fish Creek; father: Antoine Vandal (Métis and deponent); mother: Isabelle Beauchamp (Métis); claim no. 1180
2. BEAUCHEMIN, Marie. Born 5 March 1833; baptized 6 March 1833 at St. Boniface, Red River Settlement.
2. BEAUCHEMIN, Jean-Baptiste. Born 3 November 1838 at St. Boniface, Red River; married c. 1860; died 2 December 1900; buried 4 December 1900 at St. Charles, MB.
– sp. McMILLAN, Marguerite. Born 12 January 1840; died 26 January 1926.
Scrip affidavit for Beauchemin, Marguerite; wife of Jean Baptiste Beauchemin; born: January 12, 1840; father: Wm. A. Millen (Métis); mother: Marguerite Dease (Métis); claim no: 872; date of issue: July 12, 1876 =
2. BEAUCHEMIN, Cecile. Born 1842; married 22 January 1867 at St. Norbert, Red River.
– sp. CARRIERE, Charles Toussaint. Born 2 November 1833.
2. BEAUCHEMIN, Philomène. Born 15 April 1845; married 8 January 1866.
– sp. VERMETTE, Alexis/Alexandre. Born 1837.
2. BEAUCHEMIN, Caroline. Born 1845 at St. Norbert, Red River; married 22 January 1861 at St. Norbert, Red River.
– sp. HENRY, Pierre. Born c. 1838.
2. BEAUCHEMIN, Herménégilde. Born c. 1852; died on the prairie; buried October 1865 at St. Joseph, Dakota Territory, United States.
[Credit: The original research on which this page is based was commissioned for the Legislative Assembly of Assiniboia Project, by Aboriginal and Northern Affairs Manitoba. The current page is presented gratis -- I have no funding from any agency.]